[mapserver-dev] RFC 65 - Single pass query handling for 6.0

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Nov 23 16:43:21 EST 2010

Drivers that support tile indexes would continue to work "as-is". Those drivers aren't database driven so they, like shapefiles, would continue to use shape and tile indexes to retrieve records for presentation. The only way adding an additional index would make sense to me is if we relied on a result set object and passed it to getShape() or getFeature() in mapscript.

Steve