[mapserver-dev] RFC 62: Support Additional WFS GetFeature OutputFormats

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 12 12:45:26 EDT 2010

  Sorry to  comment late on this issue:

  - could a  wfs_formats defined at  the map level be allowed if none
was defined at the layer level?

  - I also want to suggest maybe using wfs_getfeature_formatlist since
that was what was used for wms and described in bug 3172 [1]

best regards,

[1]: https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3172

On 12/10/2010 11:41 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Note I haven't mentioned anything about a wfs_formats metadata item.
>> Were you thinking this would list a set of formats that would be
>> permitted for WFS GetFeature()?  As currently specified I think WFS
>> GetFeature would support any templates defined via OUTPUTFORMAT,
>> the traditional GML2 and GML3 values and any OGR OUTPUTFORMATs defined
>> in the map file.  In fact, I can see that it would be quite helpful
>> to restrict the set of output formats supported by WFS for particular
>> layers.  So despite the start of voting, I'm going to update the RFC to:
>
> Jeff,
>
> OK, rereading my own specification I see I was wrong - I had already
> introduce a wfs_formats metadata item and then flushed it from my brain!
> the values in the wfs_formats name will be the "NAME" parameter from the
> OUTPUTFORMAT declaration.  So in case of a format like:
>

> OUTPUTFORMAT
>   NAME "MSCSV"
>   DRIVER "OGR/CSV"
>   MIMETYPE "text/csv"
>   FORMATOPTION "LCO:GEOMETRY=AS_WKT"
>   FORMATOPTION "STORAGE=filesystem"
>   FORMATOPTION "FORM=simple"
>   FORMATOPTION "FILENAME=result.csv"
> END
>
> The value in wfs_formats would be "MSCSV". I will clarify this in the
> RFC.
>
> Best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst