[mapserver-dev] RFC 62: Support Additional WFS GetFeature OutputFormats

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 12 11:41:14 EDT 2010

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Note I haven't mentioned anything about a wfs_formats metadata item.
> Were you thinking this would list a set of formats that would be
> permitted for WFS GetFeature()?  As currently specified I think WFS
> GetFeature would support any templates defined via OUTPUTFORMAT,
> the traditional GML2 and GML3 values and any OGR OUTPUTFORMATs defined
> in the map file.  In fact, I can see that it would be quite helpful
> to restrict the set of output formats supported by WFS for particular
> layers.  So despite the start of voting, I'm going to update the RFC to:

Jeff,

OK, rereading my own specification I see I was wrong - I had already
introduce a wfs_formats metadata item and then flushed it from my brain!
the values in the wfs_formats name will be the "NAME" parameter from the
OUTPUTFORMAT declaration.  So in case of a format like:

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME "MSCSV"
   DRIVER "OGR/CSV"
   MIMETYPE "text/csv"
   FORMATOPTION "LCO:GEOMETRY=AS_WKT"
   FORMATOPTION "STORAGE=filesystem"
   FORMATOPTION "FORM=simple"
   FORMATOPTION "FILENAME=result.csv"
END

The value in wfs_formats would be "MSCSV". I will clarify this in the RFC.