[mapserver-dev] RE: INSPIRE compliancy - A request for comments on a possible RFC

relet thomas.hirsch at statkart.no
Tue Oct 26 03:38:13 EDT 2010

Thanks Steve, (and hopefully a few others),

We consider the container layer as an abstraction view between the technical
requirements of mapserver (one layer connects to one data source) and the
representation requirements of the service (visibility, aggregation,
querying of layers). I believe that this model can be more widely useful
than just in the INSPIRE context - for example satisfying the requests for
multi-geometry support.

What we are trying to find out, is whether the proposed aggregation model
covers all typical use cases, or if more parameters are needed in the
container layer. And, of course, how well it integrates into the existing
software architecture.

Any opinions, comments are very welcome.
Thomas