[mapserver-dev] RFC 59 Part Deux

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 28 10:10:06 EDT 2010

On 26/10/2010 1:25 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> have a moment. If this is gonna make version 6.0 then I'd need to start on merging code ASAP. Assefa has also done a good
> bit of WFS work with this new stuff and has been pretty successful I think. The RFC contains a couple of attachments showing use
Jus to add to this, what was done as a test for the filter encoding is
to convert the OGC filters (all logical,  comparison, spatial) into
common expressions and used it to set the filter element on the layer
and run the query. This is a big improvement in terms of code cleaning
and optimization (when compared to running several queries for one ogc
filter and then merge the resulting queries).  This works now for
mapserver shape type layers. The ultimate goal is to have all underlying
drivers to be able to convert all common expressions into appropriate
queries.

Assefa

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst