[mapserver-dev] Re: Motion: Adopt MS RFC-61 - Enhance MapServer Feature Style Support

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 29 12:24:35 EDT 2010

Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> I'm not sure it should be duplicated in the stable branch, since the RFC
> is related to the changes in the development version. I would be in
> favour of having an alternative location (ie. dev.mapserver.org
> <http://dev.mapserver.org>) where the current development version could
> be published simultaneously.

I fully agree with you on this, but that's the way docs are managed today.

We actually had this exact same discussion for the n'th time on IRC last
week and there was an agreement that documents such as RFCs should be
treated separately from software/user documentation and should be
published out of trunk, not a stable branch. In the end I said I'd try
to propose an alternate way to handle this when I can find time.

In the meantime committing new RFCs to the stable branch is the only way
to go unfortunately.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/