[mapserver-dev] testing CONNECTIONTYPE UNION

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Apr 11 18:23:09 EDT 2011

Hello all,

Just doing some tests for the docs, and I notice the union layer will
only reproject its source layers if the union layer (not the source
layer) has a PROJECTION object defined (I would have thought that if the
union layer was in the same projection as the MAP object's projection
(yes an old trick), then I wouldn't need a projection object defined in
the union layer).  I personally think that the union logic should be: if
no projection object in union layer, look for map-level projection
object, and use that for reprojection.

Thoughts?

(my test example can be found at
http://mapserver.org/trunk/mapfile/union.html#working-mapfile-example)