[mapserver-dev] testing CLUSTER object

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Apr 14 16:34:48 EDT 2011

I was thinking about the issue of the cluster symbols getting clipped by
tile edge effects and I think that we should treat symbols similar to
labels and be able to say PARTIAL FALSE. The down side of this is that
symbols near edges might never get drawn. Also, Am I correct in
remembering the clusters are based on the features in the view, so a
cluster on the right or left side of adjoining edges will be based on
the meta-tile to the right or left which might make some strange effects.

Tamas, you probably have a better read on this since you thought through
the implementation in much more detail than I ever have.

Jeff, did you setup the standard buffer error around the metatile that
excludes labels so they are not chopped up? I assume you did so the
cropped symbol is probably not aware of the exclusion zone.

-Steve W