[mapserver-dev] problem with mapserver

Annabell Schelton Lima aschelton at uci.cu
Thu Apr 21 10:35:25 EDT 2011

hi, i have a  problem with encoding  labels and mapfile configuration..my data is already converted to UTF-8 format, stored in a postgres database, but the labels do not recognize the accents, this is my mapfile in the section label, i declare it like a new layer with annotations, but as a part of a layer with labelitem the result it´s the same...

                  LABEL
                        SIZE   medium
                        FONT arial
                        COLOR   0 0 0
                        POSITION  cl
                        TYPE  bitmap
                        ANTIALIAS TRUE
                        MINDISTANCE 300
                        #MINFEATURESIZE 200
                        ENCODING "UTF-8"
                        BUFFER 4
                        PARTIALS FALSE
            END
 Please, somebody help me, i really need resolve this soon...