[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 68: Support for combining features from multiple layers (Call for discussion)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:02:56 EST 2011

Hi Devs,

In reference to the feature request from
WhereGroup<http://www.wheregroup.com/en/welcome>we did some refinement
in the specification and I've created MS-RFC-68 (
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/docs/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-68.txt)
which contains a reasonable implementation to this option without requiring
significant modifications in the MapServer codebase and the current
processing chain. With regards to the timing, I already have some working
code in place which could be finished by the time of the feature freeze of
MapServer 6.0 we are targeting now (feb. 28).

Waiting for your comments and suggestions...

Best regards,

Tamas