[mapserver-dev] Implementation of the msCalculateScale

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Feb 17 10:18:38 EST 2011

I'll create a ticket to do so. When MapServer was originally written there was a companion program for imagery (imgserv) that
was implemented using the Erdas Imagine C toolkit. I followed their lead at the time and it's stuck...

"Would it make sense to add an option for MapServer to treat extents the same way as GDAL?" Sure, it's called WMS...

Steve