[mapserver-dev] Help with a black border on an image file (.img)

littlenewbie omar_tablas at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:43:58 EDT 2011

Hello, I'm new using Mapserver, and I really don't know much about GIS but
I'm trying to learn, I hope you can help me with this: I have an image file
that shows a black border as you can see in the image the thing is that I
want to "disappear" the black border in order to see only the image.

I am running Mapserver on Fedora 14 and using pmapper as php/mapscript
framework.

I'm trying some things such as:
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME "pnga"
  DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGBA
  FORMATOPTION
"PALETTE=/var/www/html/pmapper/config/prueba_raster/palette.txt"
  TRANSPARENT ON
END

in the "palette.txt" I've tried to fill the 255 values with "0,0,0,0" and
"255,255,255,255" because I read something about transparency with this file
and the values.

I've also tried to use "nearblack" utility of GDAL library because I read
that it "sets" all pixels that are black around the collar image to white in
order to treat them as transparent when mosaicing.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6571881/image.jpg

I hope you can help me, Thank you in advance :D