[mapserver-dev] Performance problem with oracle spatial in mapserver 6

Holger Schiebold hschiebold at codematix.de
Wed Jun 1 09:32:44 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

both datasources are point data in one view / table with srid and the
performance problem has nothing to do with transforming or the oracle
itself (i checked every statement). I tested it again - the only thing i
change is mapserver binary from 5.4.0 to 5.6.4 and i can see in the
logfile and in my wms client the performance difference. Both views /
tables have more then 30 columns which at the end are used in the
getFeatureInfo. But the performance problem i have already with a normal
getMap request to the mapserver binary.

regards

Holger

--