[mapserver-dev] Performance problem with oracle spatial in mapserver 6

Smith, Michael D ERDC-CRREL-NH michael.smith at usace.army.mil
Wed Jun 1 09:40:03 EDT 2011

Holger,

After looking into it a bit more, I am seeing the same drop off in
performance. I was comparing 5.2.1 to 5.6.5 and 6.0 (the versions I have
already precompiled).  For drawing 16000 points, I'm seeing it go from ~1.6
sec to 2.7 sec.

I'll do some further examinations on this (perhaps using Shark) and see what
I can figure out and hopefully, come up with a patch to resolve this.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center