[mapserver-dev] Vector field rendering

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jun 29 09:30:35 EDT 2011

On 11-06-28 05:19 PM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> I think it would be a cool addition. I think folks have done this type of stuff in the past using attribute binding for angle and size with a truetype marker...

Yeah, I thought of proposing that as a solution too, but the markers
need to be sampled as you zoom in and out, something that can be done
much more naturally/efficiently when working from a raster source than
from a layer of points.

I will try to come up with a RFC since there is at least one other
person who sees interest in seeing this added to MapServer.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/