[mapserver-dev] Disable connection pooling in msDrawQueryLayer (PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=ALWAYS")

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:45:02 EST 2011

Hi All,

I've already mentioned that when drawing the background in msDrawQueryLayer
it happens by using the same OGR connection which invalidates the result set
of the query. I've prepared a fix to handle this by establishing a
CLOSE_CONNECTION=ALWAYS processing option which will provide that the
connection is only available within a single request and will be closed
immediately when connpoolrelease is called. The related patches can be found
here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/3647/mappool.c.2.patch
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/3647/mapdraw.c.patch

Any objections to apply this in trunk?