[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta1 release - Please test!

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 10 11:26:28 EST 2011

On 11-03-10 07:07 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> I am working on building beta1 in OpenSUSE Build Service for future
> update of official repository.
> I am getting the following errors:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=x86_64&package=mapserver&project=home%3Atzotsos%3Abranches%3AApplication%3AGeo&repository=openSUSE_11.3

Hi Angelos,

I see in your build logs that the Java/SWIG wrappers are generated using
SWIG 1.3.40. I am not very familiar with the Java MapScript wrappers,
but Tamas wrote on this list a couple of days ago:

"I don't think that we officially went beyond 1.3.39, but for the java
bindings 1.3.36 seems to be a better choice (on Windows)."

The MapServer source package already contains SWIG wrappers generated
using SWIG 1.3.36 so you could use that, or if you must regenerate them
then I'd suggest that you try with SWIG 1.3.36.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/