[mapserver-dev] TEMPLATES and MIME
Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Mar 11 10:40:51 EST 2011
Answering my own post . . . , more digging revealed the QUERYFORMAT directive in the WEB block of the mapfile. This combined with the removal of the "<?xml . . ." from the mapfile template, allows the same mapfile to work in both MapServer installs. I still need to add the QUERYFORMAT to those layers with XML popups, though. The old installation has a Mapfile prefix writer where this is easy to add, the newer install isn't as easy on windows . . .
Sorry to have distracted.
>>> "Bob Basques" <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
Ok, this one took me a while to track down.
I have an installation where I have a common data source respository and I'm trying to set up a environment where an older Mapserv 4.9(something) linux (highly customized version) version and a 5.6.5 Windows 7 version are accessing this same repository.
The first problem was the <!-- MapServer Temaplte --> magic string was missing, added that in, but it messes with the Mime type stuff, because our templates are for generating XML files, which need to have "<?xml . . ." up front instead of MapServer magic string.
If I add the Magic string stuff as the second line, doesn't seem to affect the old installation of MapServer, but it breaks the new version which is expecting the Magic String up front. I tried a couple of things in the new installation, like putting the Magic string on the same line as the XML declare, but that made the file come down from Apache as text/html instead of text/xml.
Should/Could I be addessing this in the apache "magic" file and add something about "<!-- MapServer . . ." to the XML definition, seems wrong for some reason.
This is my last piece to figure out for the new install . . .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mapserver-dev