[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta1 release - Please test! - MapScript Error

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 15 11:09:05 EDT 2011

Upon further testing while trying to get a simple test case for you, I have
determined that this problem is only on one of my two development machines.
This is the machine on which I tried to build Mapserver myself to get Cairo
support to test the PDF output of MapServer 6.0.  Apparently I loaded some
libraries or something during the build which conflict with mapscript.  The
errors I'm seeing occur with both the UbuntuGIS mapscript and the version I
built.  I'm just switching the "php_mapscript.so" files and restarting
Apache2.  Maybe this is the problem.  Since I do not really know what I'm
doing trying to build MapServer myself, I shall reinstall this system back
to where it was before and use the UbuntuGIS version of MapServer for
further testing.

When you get the chance, could you please add Cairo and PDF support to the
build on UbuntuGIS?  This is the only reason I tried to build it myself.

Thanks,

Worth

  _____