[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta2 release

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:46:39 EDT 2011

Havard,
the problem should be fixed now. If you can easily try out trunk, I'd
be thankful if you could check that this is effectively the case.

thanks,
thomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 15:41, Havard Tveite <havard.tveite at umb.no> wrote:
> Thank you for your support and interest, Steve.
>
> I have had an email exchange with Thomas off-list, and
> have found out that if I turn off the scalebar, I don't
> experience crashes anymore.  Thomas is looking into it.
>
> Håvard
>
> On 3/23/2011 3:29 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>
>> Håvard,
>>
>> Everything looks normal from what I can see. One thing you might try is
>> to rebuild mapserver without threads and see if you get the same behavior.
>>
>> So when you get a failure, does this request work if you try it again or
>> does it always fail?
>>
>> If it is randomly failing and working at other times then this feels
>> like a thread corruption issue.
>>
>> If is fails consistently, the you can debug bug it as Daniel suggested
>> with:
>>
>> gdb /path/to/mapserv
>> run "QUERY_STRING=map=...&mode=...&..."
>> bt
>> quit
>>
>> And us (and cc: Thomas) the output from above.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>    -Steve W

>>> I use the default Ubuntu Apache2 distribution.
>>> cgi, not fastcgi.
>>>
>>>  >  apache2ctl -V
>>> Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)
>>> Server built: Dec 11 2010 21:34:00
>>> Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:15
>>> Server loaded: APR 1.2.12, APR-Util 1.2.12
>>> Compiled using: APR 1.2.12, APR-Util 1.2.12
>>> Architecture: 64-bit
>>> Server MPM: Prefork
>>> threaded: no
>>> forked: yes (variable process count)
>>> Server compiled with....
>>> -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
>>> -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
>>> -D APR_HAS_MMAP
>>> -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
>>> -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
>>> -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
>>> -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
>>> -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
>>> -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
>>> -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
>>> -D HTTPD_ROOT=""
>>> -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/lib/apache2/suexec"
>>> -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2.pid"
>>> -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
>>> -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/apache2/accept.lock"
>>> -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
>>> -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/mime.types"
>>> -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/apache2.conf"
>>>
>>>  >  apache2ctl -l
>>> Compiled in modules:
>>> core.c
>>> mod_log_config.c
>>> mod_logio.c
>>> prefork.c
>>> http_core.c
>>> mod_so.c

>>> Loaded Modules:
>>> core_module (static)
>>> log_config_module (static)
>>> logio_module (static)
>>> mpm_prefork_module (static)
>>> http_module (static)
>>> so_module (static)
>>> alias_module (shared)
>>> auth_basic_module (shared)
>>> authn_file_module (shared)
>>> authz_default_module (shared)
>>> authz_groupfile_module (shared)
>>> authz_host_module (shared)
>>> authz_user_module (shared)
>>> autoindex_module (shared)
>>> cgi_module (shared)
>>> dir_module (shared)
>>> env_module (shared)
>>> jk_module (shared)
>>> mime_module (shared)
>>> negotiation_module (shared)
>>> php5_module (shared)
>>> proxy_module (shared)
>>> rewrite_module (shared)
>>> setenvif_module (shared)
>>> status_module (shared)
>>> userdir_module (shared)
>>> Syntax OK

>>> MapServer version 6.0.0-beta2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
>>> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
>>> SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
>>> SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL