[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta2 release

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Wed Mar 23 10:41:49 EDT 2011

Thank you for your support and interest, Steve.

I have had an email exchange with Thomas off-list, and
have found out that if I turn off the scalebar, I don't
experience crashes anymore.  Thomas is looking into it.

Håvard

On 3/23/2011 3:29 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Håvard,
>
> Everything looks normal from what I can see. One thing you might try is
> to rebuild mapserver without threads and see if you get the same behavior.
>
> So when you get a failure, does this request work if you try it again or
> does it always fail?
>
> If it is randomly failing and working at other times then this feels
> like a thread corruption issue.
>
> If is fails consistently, the you can debug bug it as Daniel suggested with:
>
> gdb /path/to/mapserv
> run "QUERY_STRING=map=...&mode=...&..."
> bt
> quit
>
> And us (and cc: Thomas) the output from above.
>
> Thanks,
>     -Steve W
>
> On 3/23/2011 6:19 AM, Havard Tveite wrote:
>> On 3/22/2011 4:39 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>> Håvard,
>>>
>>> How do you have apache configured.
>>> apache2-mpm-prefork?
>>> fastcgi or cgi?
>>
>> I use the default Ubuntu Apache2 distribution.
>> cgi, not fastcgi.
>>
>>   >  apache2ctl -V
>> Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)
>> Server built: Dec 11 2010 21:34:00
>> Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:15
>> Server loaded: APR 1.2.12, APR-Util 1.2.12
>> Compiled using: APR 1.2.12, APR-Util 1.2.12
>> Architecture: 64-bit
>> Server MPM: Prefork
>> threaded: no
>> forked: yes (variable process count)
>> Server compiled with....
>> -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
>> -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
>> -D APR_HAS_MMAP
>> -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
>> -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
>> -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
>> -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
>> -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
>> -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
>> -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
>> -D HTTPD_ROOT=""
>> -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/lib/apache2/suexec"
>> -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2.pid"
>> -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
>> -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/apache2/accept.lock"
>> -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
>> -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/mime.types"
>> -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache2/apache2.conf"
>>
>>   >  apache2ctl -l
>> Compiled in modules:
>> core.c
>> mod_log_config.c
>> mod_logio.c
>> prefork.c
>> http_core.c
>> mod_so.c
>>
>>> apache2ctl -M
>> Loaded Modules:
>> core_module (static)
>> log_config_module (static)
>> logio_module (static)
>> mpm_prefork_module (static)
>> http_module (static)
>> so_module (static)
>> alias_module (shared)
>> auth_basic_module (shared)
>> authn_file_module (shared)
> [...]

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/