[mapserver-dev] Reminder: 6.0.0-beta3 today

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 23 14:47:41 EDT 2011

On 11-03-23 02:16 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could someone look into the msautotest failures at
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/  (see the msautotest link in the build log
> column). Having such high number of failures with a pre-release version is
> quite annoying.

Tamas,

I have skimmed the "gdal" section and the only difference that looks
suspicious is the trlay3.map failure.  These rest are presumably just
subtle text/label/rounding issues.  If you could push those result files
into the expected directory but not commit them that would be nice.

In the misc directory I have only two failures here.  In yours there are
some subtle differences in text placement and sizing.  I'm curious what
version of freetype you are using?  I appear to have 9.22.3.  I wonder
what we can do to get more consistent results.

I am not clear on why the symbol display for bug1716.png in misc is so
different.

The misc/runtime_sub gif tests don't seem to be working properly - producing
a .gif with just the request in it.  The runtime sub tests that are supposed
to produce error text seem to be returning nothing.  It would be good to
investigate these.

In the wxs directory all the time failures are expected - hopefully these
will get solved soon as they mask other issues.  I've contacted Stephan
and cc:ed you separately about a precision issue in the WCS 2.0 results.
I'm not sure what that is about.  For me all the wxs/wcs_*.map tests pass.
But overall I get 89 failures in my wxs directory.

I'm very impressed with the setup for checking and comparing results on
your web page.  This is my first attempt to use that though I was aware
you had done something.