[mapserver-dev] Reminder: 6.0.0-beta3 today

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:55:40 EDT 2011

2011/3/23 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>

> I have skimmed the "gdal" section and the only difference that looks
> suspicious is the trlay3.map failure.  These rest are presumably just
> subtle text/label/rounding issues.  If you could push those result files
> into the expected directory but not commit them that would be nice.

Hi Frank,

I'll give it a try to copy those results to the expected directories which
are visually the same. My only concern with this is due to the potential
conflicts that may happen if someone will ever change these files in SVN. I
would better like to see an option to have different set of results for a
particular platform which could be selected automatically depending to the
OS version.

> In the misc directory I have only two failures here.  In yours there are
> some subtle differences in text placement and sizing.  I'm curious what
> version of freetype you are using?  I appear to have 9.22.3.  I wonder
> what we can do to get more consistent results.

I have freetype 2.3.9 which can be inspected for each builder on the package
information page.
BTW the latest version appears to be 2.4.4 according to
http://www.freetype.org/index2.html

> The misc/runtime_sub gif tests don't seem to be working properly -
> producing
> a .gif with just the request in it.  The runtime sub tests that are
> supposed
> to produce error text seem to be returning nothing.  It would be good to
> investigate these.

I'll inspect this problem

> In the wxs directory all the time failures are expected - hopefully these
> will get solved soon as they mask other issues.  I've contacted Stephan
> and cc:ed you separately about a precision issue in the WCS 2.0 results.
> I'm not sure what that is about.  For me all the wxs/wcs_*.map tests pass.
> But overall I get 89 failures in my wxs directory.

It seems Steve is working on the time related stuff.

Best regards,

Tamas