[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.0.0-beta4 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Mar 30 21:35:26 EDT 2011

The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.0.0-beta4. This is the latest beta on our way to a final 6.0 release.
Once again this beta contains several important fixes and we encourage
you to test it and continue to provide feedback.

The 6.0 release introduces important changes in key components of the
MapServer core (rendering, query and expressions), and for this reason
we count on you, MapServer power users, to help test the release in your
respective environments and provide feedback (through the users list or
Trac tickets).

If all goes well, the plan is to have a final 6.0 release around the end
of April. The full release plan which also includes the list of new
features and changes in this release is available at:
   http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/release/release-plan-6.0.html

The list of fixes since beta1 is attached at the end of this message.
For a complete list see the HISTORY.TXT file at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-6-0-0-beta4/mapserver/HISTORY.TXT

We have started working on a 5.6 -> 6.0 migration guide. This document
contains important notes on backwards incompatibilities or other changes
required when upgrading to 6.0. It is not complete yet but we strongly
recommend that you review the latest version online at:

     http://mapserver.org/trunk/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

     http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
     http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.0.0-beta4.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
with binaries for the new beta release in the next day or so.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so please
help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team

Version 6.0.0-beta4 (2011-03-30)
--------------------------------

- Fix shp2img's -i flag to honour map level transparent, image quality and
   interlace settings.

- Make sure command-line programs use an exit status other than 0
   when an error is encountered. (#3753)

- Applied patch to filter unwanted fribidi characters (#3763)

- Fixed lexer to set the proper state on URL variable substitutions

- Fixed Memory leak in PostGIS driver (#3768)

- Fixed PHP/MapScript symbol property setter method

- fix memory leak in bar charts

- fix some valgrind errors on agg rotated pixmap symbols

- WCS 2.0: Adjusted definition of NilValues.

- Fixed handling of PROJ_LIB value relative to mapfile path (#3094)

- Fixed compilation error with opengl support (#3769)

- add support for gml:Box for spatial filters (#3789)

- fix query map generation error introduced in beta2 when output format
   initialized was made as needed.

- fix incorrect PATTERN behavior on agg lines (#3787)

- report SOS DescribeObservationType in Capabilities (#3777)

- Updated lexer to detect time attribute bindings (e.g. `[item]`) in logical
   expressions

- Fixed layer context expressions (REQUIRES/LABELREQUIRES) (#3737)

- KML: Output ExtendedData (#3728)

- Fixed OWS usage of multiple layers with same name (#3778)

- WCS implementation should not lookup wms_* metadata (#3779)

- WCS 2.0: Adjusted definition of rangeType.

- Fixed OWS GetCapabilities to report only requests/operations that are
   enabled.

- WCS 2.0: Report only bands in the range subset.

- OWS requests should be completely blocked by default (#3755)

- SLD: check for limit on dash arrays (#3772)

- WMS: Apply sld after bbox and srs have been parsed (#3765)