[mapserver-dev] testing CLUSTER object

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:08:37 EDT 2011

2011/5/5 Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>

> Although there is a workaround, my personal opinion is that 6.0 shouldn't
> go out the door until we allow querying of the cluster object.  It is only
> my opinion, as I can see myself having to answer these questions on the
> mailing list over and over again, so I am trying to avoid it.  Maybe
> Stefanie can respond to this mailing list also?

Hi Jeff,

I don't see the issue which should be fixed within the cluster layer itself.
The cluster layer *does* allow querying and it provides the same objects in
queries, what we can see on the map (ie. one feature per cluster). This is
exacly the same behaviour as what the other layer provides currently do.
What we are talking about it to make the cluster provider extraordinary in
some way to provide different result sets for the querying and the normal
drawing operations. Doesn't it require a new RFC to establish this
environment in the MapServer codebase? Or can we fix setting the query
object in a consistent way which can be utilized by the cluster provider to
establish this behaviour?

Best regards,

Tamas