[mapserver-dev] testing CLUSTER object

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 5 11:34:40 EDT 2011

On 11-05-05 09:35 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hello Tamas,
>
> Although there is a workaround, my personal opinion is that 6.0
> shouldn't go out the door until we allow querying of the cluster object.
> It is only my opinion, as I can see myself having to answer these
> questions on the mailing list over and over again, so I am trying to
> avoid it. Maybe Stefanie can respond to this mailing list also?

Based on the understanding I have of this issue I don't think we should
hold the release for it (there is too much risk vs benefit). It seems
that better support for controlling the way CLUSTER layers deal with
queries could be treated as a enhancement in a future release, and we'll
likely need a RFC to establish how that works and what the options are.

The mailing list questions could likely be avoided with a good note in
the docs explaining the logics behind the current behavior (yes there is
one as Tamas explained) and the workaround for those who expect all
results to come out.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/