[mapserver-dev] CONNECTIONTYPE UNION with STYLEITEM AUTO still not working in 6.0.0-rc2 (and possible solution)

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Mon May 9 05:33:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

in our current application we want to use the new union layer. In MapServer
6.0.0-rc2 the problem with STYLEITEM AUTO is still not fixed. So I did some
debugging and found a possible solution.

In mapunion.c (method msUnionLayerNextShape) at line 423 (rc2 and trunk (rev
11639)) strcasecmp causes a segmentation fault. Checking the existence of
srclayer->styleitem before passing it to strcasecmp should solve this problem
(for me it does). In msUnionLayerGetAutoStyle it does done correctly.

After making that change the example attached to ticket #3859
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3859 is working without errors.

Greetings, Jana.