[mapserver-dev] Re: RFC for XMP metadata support

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 22 14:06:12 EDT 2011

On 11-09-22 01:56 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Long delay, but I've updated the RFC (attached) and updated the patch
> to be generic and work as described in the new RFC, similar to what
> Daniel describes below. Any XMP tag can be set, and some default
> namespaces are supported as well as the ability to define new custom
> name spaces in XMP.
>
> If there's no substantial concerns, I'll move the RFC into the queue
> for voting with a proper number.

I believe the new draft RFC is at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/3932/ms-rfc-7X.2.txt

I noticed a small typo under 2.2:

"Three namespaces will be supported by default..."

... should probably be eight?

Looks great otherwise after a quick review.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/