[mapserver-dev] RFC84 call for vote: migrate from svn/trac to git/github

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 2 11:08:22 EDT 2012

Thomas,

Two comments on rfc84 for clarity:

1. in lines 39-40 you reference "Osgeo hosting" and then never speak of
it again. I was expecting to hear more about that. Since the vote is on
"Github hosting" you might just note that we are moving forward with the
"Github hosting" option.

2. this is minor but I think will help git newbees, you reference in a
few places "git add [list of files]" this is meant to be a list of file
added or modified that need to be committed. A common misunderstanding
is that add implies new files not modified files and svn commit
automatically picks up all modified files if they are not explicitly
referenced on the command line. Anyway, thought this might help others
avoid this confusion that I ran into learning git.

+1 on moving forward with the RFC

-Steve W