[mapserver-dev] github migration complete

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:55:27 EDT 2012

Hi devs,

As you may have seen or been notified, the transition of the code to
github is complete, and the tickets have been imported. All code
committers should normally have been added, I'm still missing jeff's
userid for the docs.

- How can we set trac and svn to read-only?
- I can assign open issues to the person they were assigned in trac,
but have refrained from doing so until now to avoid notification email
spamming. I will do this in a couple of days once the dust has
settled, unless you specifically oppose to this in this thread.
- There are 5 major repositories: mapserver, docs, msautotest,
mapcache, and tinyows. The mapcache and tinyows subdirectories in
mapserver will have to be removed.
- The tinyows code has been reimported from a dump of the original
svn, which means it now has history attached.
- There are a couple of trac issues and svn commits that didn't make
it into github (i.e. the ones that were created after I got the trac
dump):
  - from steveW: tickets 4270-4273
  - from steveL: ticket 4269 + commit
  - from paolo: italian doc commit r13314

- There is a single issue tracker for all repositories
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues . The syntx reference is
here http://github.github.com/github-flavored-markdown/ . You can
reference commits by their sha1 directly (e.g. "in commit abd234ef ,
the behavior ...") for commits that belong to the mapserver/mapserver
repository. For commits in the other repositories, the syntax is
mapserver/repo at SHA1, you have a nice example in the last comments of
this ticket https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/3906 .

cheers,
thomas