[mapserver-dev] RPMs from trunk

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Fri Apr 20 10:34:02 EDT 2012

Hi devs,

not being an expert I've put some effort to generate RPMs for CentOS
from current trunk. I partially succeeded to update the spec file to the
new build procedure (see attached). Note that I did not manage to build
PHP packages and that I had to disable this
check: /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

Anyway, maybe this can be of some help to the MapServer RPM maintainers.

Question to all: What do you think about adding build files (spec file
for RPM) to the repository for reference?

The pull request 4289 [1] includes some changes that where necessary
along the way. Thanks for review and any comments. If there are no
objections I'll merge it next week.

@Thomas: I hope I'm using git and gitgut as intended?

cu
Stephan