[mapserver-dev] MapServer 6.2.0 beta2 release

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 02:51:10 PDT 2012

The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.2.0 beta2. This is the second beta on our way to a final 6.2 release,
and contains several fixes that we encourage you to test. Our initially
planned date of a release beginning of August has slipped a bit, the
updated release plan that can be viewed at

   https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-6.2-Release-Plan

We however have only a few bugs left to resolve for our final release,
so we hope this beta phase will be over in the next couple of weeks.

The changelog since beta1 can be consulted here:

   http://www.mapserver.org/en/development/changelog/changelog-6-2-0-beta2.html

The source for this release can be downloaded at:

   http://mapserver.org/download.html
or
   http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-6.2.0-beta2.tar.gz

The binary distributions listed in the download page should be updated
with binaries for the new 6.2.0-beta2 release in the next couple of days.

Once again we need your help to ensure a high quality product, so
please help out by testing your applications with this new code base.

Thanks! - The MapServer Team