[mapserver-dev] Scale Dependent Token Replacements: to mapscript or not to mapscript

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Dec 17 08:14:18 PST 2012

On 12-12-15 1:33 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:

> The token replacements occur at rendering time, and thus would be
> applied indifferently if the rendering was initiated through mapscript
> or a cgi. What I'm questioning is the relevance of adding mapscript
> getters and setters to the scaletokens, as when you are using mapscript
> it is much simpler/direct to modify the layer.data directly. Again,
> please come up with a use-case for accessing scaletokens in mapscript,
> as for now I believe that adding them would be a waste of time/effort
> for a feature that would never be used.

I do not have a use-case to offer at the moment but I'm sure we could
come up with one if we wanted to. (I'm always impressed when I see
people doing stuff with MapServer that we never thought about.)

Anyway, hearing confirmation that the token replacement is happening at
runtime and is going to work in MapScript solved most of my concerns. I
would prefer to see get/setters in MapScript for completeness but won't
insist any longer.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/