[mapserver-dev] [mapscript][python] does outputformatObj has missing method?

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:26:37 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Yves Jacolin
<yves.jacolin at camptocamp.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently working with python mapscript on outputformat object, I have
> some difficulties to get the correct information.
>
> First, I can't get outputformat list from map obj. The documentation says:
> outputformatlist : outputFormatObj[]
>
> Array of the available output formats.
>
> Note
>
> Currently only available for C#. A proper typemaps should be implemented
> for the other languages.
>
> And indeed, even if the method appears, this is not working.

I have done a quick test in python and java and it seems to return just one
(selected?) outputformatObj.
Please open an issue.

> Second, I can't get config option list without knowing the options. I can
> use getOption( name, value ) method but it suppose to know the config name.
>
> Am I wrong somewhere? Do you know a method to get this information or do I
> need to fill a ticket?

Assuming you're referring to MS_IMAGEMODE_* the option name and values are
present in the mapscript module. I am not sure there is a way to enumerate
them.

Open an issue for that too and I'll make sure to have a look at them.

Cheers,
Umberto

Thanks,