[mapserver-dev] RFC-83: Source tree reorganization

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 7 11:31:25 EST 2012

Hi Devs, PSC,

I have prepared RFC-83 to propose a reorganization of the source tree
for 6.2 to better accommodate the addition of the MapCache and TinyOWS
components:

   http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-83.html

While doing this exercise, I noticed a "fonts", "symbols" and "tests"
directories that don't seem to have been touched in several years. I'd
welcome comments on whether we can get rid of them or not.

And finally, we'll try to have a quick meeting of the MapServer group
here at the sprint this morning around 9am (in 30 minutes), so if anyone
wants to join please ping us on IRC. We could even try to have you join
via Skype voice.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/