[mapserver-dev] RFC-83: Source tree reorganization

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Feb 7 12:24:11 EST 2012

On 2/7/2012 11:31 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi Devs, PSC,
>
> I have prepared RFC-83 to propose a reorganization of the source tree
> for 6.2 to better accommodate the addition of the MapCache and TinyOWS
> components:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-83.html
>
> While doing this exercise, I noticed a "fonts", "symbols" and "tests"
> directories that don't seem to have been touched in several years. I'd
> welcome comments on whether we can get rid of them or not.
>
> And finally, we'll try to have a quick meeting of the MapServer group
> here at the sprint this morning around 9am (in 30 minutes), so if anyone
> wants to join please ping us on IRC. We could even try to have you join
> via Skype voice.

Hi Daniel,

I think a reorg of the source tree is probably a good idea to make it
easier to automate and build components in the future.

I will hazard a guess, that the "fonts", "symbols" and "tests"
directories are/were for testing the core mapserver and/or were needed
to setup the mapserver demo page historically, but that is just my guess.

-Steve W