[mapserver-dev] classObj.setText, text must be quoted

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:09:02 EST 2012

Hi Devs,

By using the following mapscript example:

     *// creating a new map from scratch*
*      mapObj map = new mapObj(null);*
*      // adding a layer*
*      layerObj layer = new layerObj(map);*
*      // define the class*
*      classObj classobj = new classObj(layer);*
*  classobj.setText("Sample Text");*
*      Console.WriteLine("Sample Text -> " + classobj.getTextString());*
*  classobj.setText("Sample T");*
*      Console.WriteLine("Sample T -> " + classobj.getTextString());*
*  classobj.setText("\"Sample T\"");*
*      Console.WriteLine("\"Sample T\" -> " + classobj.getTextString());*

I got the following output (from trunk):

Sample Text -> "Sample Text"
Sample T -> "Sample"
"Sample T" -> "Sample T"

6.0 branch produces this:

Sample Text -> "Sample"
Sample T -> "Sample"
"Sample T" -> "Sample T"

Do we have a requirement that the texts must be quoted which is passed to *
classobj.setText?*

Best regards,

Tamas