[mapserver-dev] Building Java-Mapscript with Java >1.5?

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:23:20 EST 2012

Ok, I understand, but the error it spits out is deceiving.

It's in fact complaining the complied classes are for java >= 1.6 and this
goes against the spec file which only requires 1.5 or later.

Work around it by:

1. using 1.5 to compile mapscript
2. or add the '--target 1.5' option to javac and continue compiling with 1.6
3. change the spec file to require java >= 1.6

Cheers,
Umberto