[mapserver-dev] Interpretation of STARTINDEX in WFS : GeoServer and MapServer disagree

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Jan 4 13:40:54 EST 2012

Le mercredi 04 janvier 2012 18:28:17, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
> yikes, that does sound interesting.  I wonder if the thread should be
> moved to standards at lists.osgeo.org to make it more accessible?

Yes, would have been wiser indeed. Actually I think the discussion has reached
its end. So, contrary to what I said just before,
Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos (WFS spec author) has just clarified his
position in :

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CA%2BnxMTsoM1JshoW47xf0gUzmXaoGTOac%2B2CcHGro-
x4g8nZnbA%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=geoserver-users

In short, the interpretation of STARTINDEX=1 as the first feature will be
pushed to the SWG. So no impact on MapServer if this is accepted.