[mapserver-dev] Trunk problems - Apache2 crashing creating cgi-bin/.libs

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Wed Jan 18 04:34:00 EST 2012

I recently updated to the latest version of trunk.
configure and make went fine, and the binary seemed to
work (mapserv -v).

shp2img seems to be OK.

However, when I tried to run it through Apache I get
an internal server error with the following in the
Apache error log:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs': Permission denied
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs/2915-lt-mapserv: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit statusn
Premature end of script headers: mapserver-trunk

I have tested with a few map files.

I am using Apache2 on Debian Lenny, and everything was
OK with my build from the end of November.

I have noticed that the --with-httpd is gone from configure.
I have not included --with-apache-module in configure.

I am hesitant to file a bug, as I guess I have missed
something.  Does anyone have an idea about what it can be?
I have looked in the migration guide, but could not find
anything there.

mapserv -v
MapServer version 6.1-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
  SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
  SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
  SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
  SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS
  INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I have built using:
make clean
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-debug --with-freetype=/usr --with-zlib=/usr --with-png=/usr --with-libiconv=/usr/local --with-gd=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/local --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/835/bin/pg_config --with-wfs --with-wcs --with-wmsclient --with-wfsclient --with-php=/usr/bin/php-config --with-geos --with-fastcgi --with-threads --with-jpeg --with-cairo --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-apr-config=/usr/bin/apr-config
make

Håvard

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB