[mapserver-dev] MapCache seeding issues

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Jan 23 09:01:03 EST 2012

All,

I'm running a cache seeding and it will occasionally fail with

unknown error (another thread/process failed to create the tile I was waiting for

Unfortunately this stops the seeding and restarting takes about 30 mins while it reads through all the created tiles (I'm using a TIFF Cache) to see where to start (this is a cache for a MapServer WMS Tileindex of about 800,000 1m jp2 images).
Is there any way to make the seeding continue even if it encounters an error (perhaps writing the errors to a log) or to restart the seeding quicker by passing the last seed location (something like 54820 157495 18)?

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps