[mapserver-dev] Dynamic Cluster Labels

Conor McCauley conor.mccauley at mapflow.com
Wed Jan 25 07:47:50 EST 2012

Hi all,

I have a quick query regarding labels on cluster items and how these can be
customized based on the attributes returned.

Currently I have clustering functioning where the label of the cluster is
the feature count, that's fine. I now want to change that label to be a sum
of attributes for all each features in that cluster. I have a "total_si"
number value being selected from my datasource, I want the cluster label to
be the sum of total_si for all features in a cluster.

I have looked into the GROUP and FILTER options but they do not seem to fit
the bill for what I want to achieve. Can anybody point me in the right
direction?

Please see my mapfile snippit below. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Conor.

  LAYER
    NAME cluster_by_tsi
    TYPE POINT
    CLUSTER
        BUFFER 30
        MAXDISTANCE 60
        REGION "ellipse"
    END

    DUMP true
    STATUS ON
    CONNECTION 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    DATA "GEOM FROM (select geom,total_si from EXPOSURE_DEMO WHERE
CLIENT_ID = '%client%' and TYPE = 'QUOTE') USING SRID 4326"
    PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    METADATA
      'client_validation_pattern' '^[a-zA-Z0-9_]*$'
      'default_client' 'DEMO'
    END

    LABELITEM "Cluster:FeatureCount" >> I want this to be sum of total_si
for each cluster
    CLASSITEM "Cluster:FeatureCount"
    SIZEUNITS pixels

-end-