[mapserver-dev] Motion: change default POSITION AUTO labelling order for point layers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 16 12:34:42 PDT 2012

I have no idea what it would take to do something like this, but what do
you think about adding a CONFIG "USE_ALT_LABEL_POSITION_AUTO=yes" or
something like this in the mapfile as a global switch to an alternate
hardcoded list of positions. Then by default you get the current
positioning or select this in the mapfile to get the new positioning
order. Assuming that it is easy to grab these config values, it is just
an if block to reset the order on startup. I'm not sure if "startup"
implies, reading the mapfile, or CGI or FastCGI, or apache module
startup. Hopefully it is easy to init when the mapfile is read.

-Steve W