[mapserver-dev] MapServer styles or symbols? What is the concept?

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Wed May 30 03:54:11 PDT 2012

On 5/30/2012 11:22 AM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Does MapServer capable to implement the MapInfo brush and line
> patterns (see attached), or we would still require to think about
> enhancements in the rendering engine to provide the same (or similar)
> look?

 From version 6.2, Mapserver should be able to provide both
the "brushes" (using either pixmap or vector tiles) and the
line patterns (using GAP, INITIALGAP, PATTERN and
GEOMTRANSFORM).
For "brushes", the "pattern" is specified in SYMBOL.
For line patterns, only the symbols used for styling is
specified in SYMBOL, the rest (patterns for dashes and gaps
for symbol styling) is specified in STYLE.

Håvard

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB