[mapserver-dev] credits

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 14 12:11:31 PST 2012

On 12-11-14 1:37 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Jeff McKenna
> <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     On 12-11-14 2:06 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:
>      > (starting a new thread after comments on the 6.2 announce thread)
>      >
>      > Are we stepping in a grey area by explicitely citing funding
>     companies
>      > in our credits page? I have nothing against it and am supportive
>     of the
>      > idea, but would like to make sure that we're not leaving other
>      > supporters out. And in that case, where do we draw a line as to
>     when a
>      > funding is considered important enough to make it to the credits
>     page ?
>      >

>     I only added the bottom 2 bullets at
>     https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/branch-6-2/en/copyright.txt
>

> yes, I know, and am supportive of this. My question is if we are going
> down this way, shouldn't we be adding more?

I have the same general questioning and don't have the answer.

I'm also supportive of giving credit to contributors/supporters, I feel
that this is important but I just don't know how.  As with any list,
when you start listing people/orgs you are bound to forget some (who
could be upset). You also need to draw a arbitrary line somewhere to
decide which contributions are worth mentioning...

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/