[mapserver-dev] call for vote on RFC 82

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 4 19:20:56 PDT 2012

I am sorry for not commenting on this earlier. I am generally +1 on this
addition, I'd just suggest a few changes to the RFC text to ease the
life of our users:

- Explicitly indicate that the layer GetMetadata param is optional and
if not provided then the service metadata is returned (this is what the
pseudo-code suggests, did I read it right?)

- Add some usage examples, i.e. mapfile snippets and sample requests
showing the various possible use cases ... that will serve as docs until
officially documented

- There is no mention of docs. What's the plan on that front?

Also, a general question: does any other OWS server handle this the same
way (i.e. with a vendor-specific GetMetadata)? If yes then it would be
great to have references in the introduction.

Thanks

Daniel

On 12-10-03 12:27 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> Thanks for the comments and suggestions for this RFC.
>
> I would like to call for vote on RFC 82:
>
> http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/rfc/ms-rfc-82.html
>
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/4486
>
> +1
>
> ..Tom