[mapserver-dev] the state of msautotest

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Sep 14 11:09:24 PDT 2012

On 12-09-14 1:50 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> In the longer run, I am somewhat hesitant about adding mapscript tests
> as mapscript tends to lag a bit behing the development going on in
> core mapserver. My main point being that if we allow tests to fail for
> some time, we completely loose the advantages of having a system that
> informs us immediately of a commit that produced an error. What do you
> guys think?

Short Friday afternoon answer: I think that we should instead fix this
MapScript lag problem, and then the tests won't be an issue. i.e.
require that devs that make core change also address the MapScript
impacts which are usually relatively small and easy to address.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/