[mapserver-dev] Label positioning around points

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Sep 21 09:44:13 PDT 2012

I agree with Steve L on this that it is too late in the release cycle to
make changes for something that is not release critical. This is clearly
a preference issue, albeit a strong preference for some of us, even
given the literature. I was in favor of user defined preferences which I
believe is the long term way to go. And as Steve L point out it is a
simple hack to revert or change this.

I'm sorry you were not part of the original discussion as more input is
always better.

-Steve W (with a bias for the way it is now)