[mapserver-dev] [mapserver-users] Rendering Hindi Characters

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Fri Apr 5 08:08:40 PDT 2013

Thomas,

I had not found this and it does fill in the gaps in our understanding of where the problem lies.

My assessment is that the current mapserver text render pipeline will not render the most complex characters correctly and needs updating.

We are happy to be involved in this process and can provide development assistance once the preferred approach is agreed.

Do you have a recommendation? Can we use just HarfBuzz or do we need Pango to pull everything together?

Regards

Ian