[mapserver-dev] GetCapabilities and schema validation issues

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 8 09:17:29 PDT 2013

Hi All,

A user working with geoserver and mapserver is working on an intranet
with no internet access. It looks like when geoserver is configured to
pull maps from mapserver it issues a getCapabilities request that
mapserver faithfully serves up, then geoserver issues a request to get
xsd to validate it.

This is where we have a problem, because we can not access
http://schemas.opengis.net because there is not internet access.

QUESTION(S):

1. I need to ask if there is a way to turn of schema validation in
geoserver, but probably better asked on geoserver list

2. Is there an easy way to change the host where the xsd is located to
one on the local intranet?

Any other ideas on how to work around this at the application level and
not by hacking the network or DNS configs?

-Steve W